Friday 3 February 2012

Rimmel - Kate Moss collection

Hi All!


Lipstick in number 08

Swatch of lipstick colour 08



Swatches from English Oak palette.


Swatches from Green Park palette
I was attracted to how the eyeshadows were arranged to form jack union which is so cute. I was doubtful when I first purchased them as Rimmel counters here do not have any testers for most of their products and I have never tried rimmel eyeshadows before. The swatches are pretty much true to colour and they are quite pigmented. These two palettes are more suited for achieving daytime look.

There are two problems I faced when using these palettes. Firstly it is very shimmery and I usually do not fancy wearing too much shimmer in my entire eye area, especially to contour the eye socket area I prefer using a matt eye shadow. Secondly, it is very difficult to use your brush (esp when your brush is much bigger than the surface area of the product) to pick up the product from sections at the four corners on the palette, it can be quite irritating at times.

The Rimmel lipstick in 08 is so pretty and wearable that I wear it to school most of the time. It is highly pigmented, does not have a metalic sheen nor glitter particles in it and not too drying on your lips. Since it is a neutral colour it is not very obvious that you're wearing lipstick. I usually dab a bit of lipbalm on top my lips after applying lipstick so that my lips will feel more moisturised over a longer period of time.If you feel that a lipstick colour is too dark or bright after applying, you could blend out the colour using your fingers and apply some lipbalm on your lip after that, this could tone down the lip colour.

Thank you for reading and enjoy your weekend!

Disclamier: I am neither paid to review this product nor helping the company to advertise their product.

No comments:

Post a Comment