Tuesday 21 February 2012

17 Magnetized nail polish

Hi All!

Blue (left), Green (right)

top view of the nail polish bottle

Magnet strip on top of the cap


One coat of green magnetized nail polish
Two coats of green magnetized nail polish, finished with Seche Vite top coat

one coat of blue magnetized nail polish

two coats of blue magnetized nail polish with seche vite nail polish


This is a pretty cool nail product that I have used so far. It's a brand called 17 by Boots and available there. I first got to know this product when The Saturdays, a UK girl group, produced magnetized nail polish sold at Superdrug. Well I never purchased it because it is rather pricy, at 7 pounds for a bottle of nail polish and about 3 pounds for a magnetic strip which is to be purchased seperately. 17 magnetized nail polish is some what like a cheaper subsitute for the other product.

I usually have a habit to apply at least 2 coats of nail polish so that it will look consistantly opaque. After applying the second coat of nail polish, place the magnetic strip above your nail resting the plastic piece protruding from the cap near your cuticle. Next tilt the cap from left to right so that it will evenly spread out the magnetic particles on the nail. The particles are able to "move" when the polish is wet, otherwise will just look like a regular nail polish.

I first tried out the blue coloured nail polish and was not impressed by it because the contrast between dark blue and medium blue is not obvious. A big problem that I faced was preventing the magnetic strip from touching my wet nail polish because it has to be placed really close to the nail. However, after getting the hang of it, it is not that difficult. The green coloured one looks the best because the pattern is pretty obvious.

Sorry for the "not so good looking" pictures, I couldnt find the right lighting to take pictures so I only took pictures at spots where it looks "true to image", if you can get what I mean.

Thank you for reading!

Disclamier: I am neither paid to review this product nor helping the company to advertise their product.

No comments:

Post a Comment